- Teaching - Provide effective and high quality instruction in all levels of physics course offerings from calculus-based physics to physical science. Competent advising to students seeking pre-professional preparation in science/mathematics related fields. Continually refine and modernize curriculum so that it remains educationally sound and meets the high standards of Aims Community College; develop curriculum as assigned.
- Participate in and support assessment of student learning in assigned areas of instruction.
- Professional Development--maintain currency in the faculty member's field of expertise. Adopt new teaching methodology as appropriate.
- Online instruction as needed.
- College Service--provide meaningful participation on college committees or organizations, and to participate in community service opportunities as assigned. Must be able to teach on any campus/outreach site at any scheduled time as assigned. Requires posting and maintaining teaching and office hour schedules, and participation in the integration of liberal arts and career/technical (occupational) education as assigned. Must implement institutional, divisional, department or personal goals as assigned and initiate and maintain professional relationships with external agencies, business and other educational institutions as assigned. Will help recommend, orient, and mentor part-time faculty in physics and astronomy as assigned. Use computer technology in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning. Will collaborate with lab coordinators to organize and maintain Physics laboratory materials and equipment. Must possess the ability and willingness to work as a team member as exhibited by a genuine spirit of cooperation and flexibility, and to establish and maintain positive yet professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff and administrators. A commitment to the philosophy that each individual should be allowed an opportunity to succeed regardless of past experience is required, as well as a willingness to embrace and apply the provisions of Aims Community College's Mission Statement, Purposes, Philosophy and commitment to Affirmative Action. Other responsibilities and duties as assigned by the Department Chair or Academic Dean.
- Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution in physics or related discipline(must have minimum 18 graduate semester hours in Physics).
- Previous experience in teaching and organizing physics laboratories.
- Computer literacy and the ability to use computer technology in classroom/lab instruction.
- A willingness to take classes in teaching methods, curriculum development, computer applications or other coursework deemed necessary by the department chair or Academic Dean.
- Previous physics teaching experience especially at the community college.
- Previous teaching experience in astronomy, mathematics, and/or chemistry.
- PhD in Physics from a regionally accredited college.
- Knowledge of physics trends and research.
- Experience teaching online.
Benefits currently include extensive employer-supported premium contribution (excess of 85%) for health, dental, and vision insurance. Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance premiums. Generous sick and personal leave accrual. PERA employer (see www.copera.org for comprehensive benefits). Voluntary supplemental retirement programs and tuition reimbursement available.
Position Closes: Open until filled.
Screening/Selection: Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials, which must include a letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements, completed Aims Application (application can be found at www.aims.edu), resume, applicable credentials, and copy of transcripts. Official transcripts will be required if hired. All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the review date posted to be given initial consideration. Screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Contact: Aims Community College,
Human Resources Department 5401 W. 20th Street,
Greeley, CO 80634 Phone: 970.330.8008 ext. 6670