Coordinator of Digital Instruction - West Lafayette - Physics and Astronomy ( Job Number: 1701131)
Manage and maintain existing and emerging digital technologies, aid in the development of courses, and lead new instructional innovations. Work with faculty in development of digital materials and provide leadership for the latest developments in teaching and learning technologies. Troubleshoot online course modules and assist faculty with problem resolution. Coordinate development of online course resources (course web sites, learning objects, digital media, online quizzes and surveys, instructional simulations, etc.). Coordinate with other Purdue entities and maintain course-related social networking sites.
• Master’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Math (STEM) or related Educational field
• Capacity to develop, evaluate and implement instructional design strategies into courses.
• Familiarity with context of online learning in higher education nationwide.
• Experience with consulting for and the development of online instructional resources.
• Knowledge of current and emerging instructional technologies and best practices for integrating with online instruction.
• Expertise with instructional design strategies.
• Project management skills.
• Demonstrated computer skills.
• Skills with key software packages related to online instructional development, web site design such as Dreamweaver and Cascade.
• Skills with Blackboard and familiarity with other common LMSs
• Ability to utilize social networking tools such as Facebook.
• Proficiency in analyzing data and communicate trends and issues.
• Ability to produce and edit video from various environments (classrooms, green room).
• Ability to collaborate with multiple constituencies in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate with faculty and staff.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• A background check will be required for employment.
• FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible for Overtime)
• Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period.
• Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Online Job Advertisement : http://purdue.taleo.net/careersection/wl/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=1701131