Assistant Professor of Physics, Holy Cross College, Notre Dame, IN
Background: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Typical Schedule: This is a full-time faculty position to begin July 2020.
Purpose: The Assistant/Associate Professor of Physics is a full-time, tenure-track position in the Department of Natural Sciences & Mathematics. Responsibilities include teaching 12 credit hours of undergraduate courses per semester, including both calculus-based PHYS 151 (mechanics) and PHYS 152 (electricity and magnetism) each semester. All faculty members at Holy Cross are expected to share the responsibility of enhancing the Catholic learning experience for all students.
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability:
· A Ph.D. in Physics is required.
· Previous college teaching experience preferred.
· Ability to work effectively with a diverse student population.
· Positive work experience in a Catholic college environment preferred.
· The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to the Holy Cross College mission.
To Apply: Visit this link (https://www.hcc-nd.edu/
career-opportunities/) for further details