Broward College invites applicants for a full time tenure track teaching position in Physics.Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners.
This position is a yearly two-semester (163 days) contract.
Candidates should demonstrate (1) a mastery of their specific discipline; (2) a deep commitment to the college mission of fostering student success, achievement and persistence; (3) technology competencies as well as teaching/counseling skills and strategies that facilitate 21st century literacies; (4) the use of resources that prepare students for productive lives.
- Master's degree in Physics, Applied Physics, or Engineering and at least 18 graduate credit hours in Physics are required.
- A doctorate is preferred.
- Candidates with experience teaching introductory level engineering and/or physics courses are preferred.
- The successful candidate must have a high level of computer literacy and a commitment to teaching.
- Broward College places special importance on helping under-prepared students achieve academic success.
- The successful candidate will be expected to take part in active professional development activities and service to the Department and College. Committee work is expected.
- All schedules require office hours and some may require evening and/or weekend hours.
Assistant Professor, Physics Position Number
P0002361 Job Status
Full time Regular Department
Physical Science and Wellness - Central Location
Central Campus Pay Grade
Faculty - Full Time Salary
$37,586 - $55,627 Work Shift
First Shift Work Schedule
Varies Hours Per Week
35 Posting End Date
Open Until Filled Comments
To be considered for this position, a completed online employment application form along with a cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript are required. Anticipated hire date, January 2018 Designated Essential Personnel
No FLSA Status
Exempt Position Classification
Faculty Special Instructions to Applicant:
For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process and can be faxed to 954-201-7612. On the fax transmittal, please state clearly the position name(s) and position number(s) the transcript is to be attached to.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the required background screening process.
The intent of this description is to illustrate the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and should not be interpreted of describe all the specific duties and responsibilities that may be required in any particular position. Directly related education/experience beyond the minimum stated may be substituted where appropriate at the discretion of the Appointing Authority. Broward College reserves the right to revise or change job duties, job hours, and responsibilities.