Assistant Professor - Tenure TrackPhysicsDepartment of Chemistry and PhysicsCollege of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Teach physics courses at both the introductory and advanced levels as well as courses for non-majors
- Establish a productive research program to support the undergraduate degree program (BS in Physics)
- Coordinate the secondary education in physics program for the department
- Support the committee structure of both the department and university
- Help maintain the equipment in the department
- Ph.D. in Physics (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Demonstrated potential for successful teaching and research
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated commitment to a diverse work environment, including working with multi-cultural populations and an understanding of, and sensitivity to, issues affecting women and minorities
As a public regional university, Southeast Missouri State University seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional blended and online formats and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention and degree completion. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported through the Center for Scholarship in Teaching and Learning and Southeast Online.
Application Deadline: The position is available August 2020 and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by September 30, 2019.
To Apply: Submit the following items online at
- Letter of interest addressing all position qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement on teaching philosophy
- Statement on research interests
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names and contact information of three professional references
Departmental Information: Information regarding the Department of Chemistry and Physics may be found at.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER