Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Physics Department at Williams College has an opening for an Assistant Lab Instructor reporting to the Chair of the Physics Department. This is a full-time, academic year (10-month) term position beginning August 2017.
- Assist with lab instruction in introductory physics courses
- Set up and take down of lab equipment
- Assist with lab instruction during "Winter Study"
- Assist with grading in upper level physics courses and placement exams
- Organize lecture demonstrations and lab equipment
- Bachelor degree in Physics or a related field
- Must have excellent reading and writing abilities
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and time management skills
Conditions of Employment: Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.