Thursday, June 28, 2012
Part-time Assessment and Evaluation Specialist at the University of Missouri
The MU Broader Impacts Network is seeking to fill an opening for an assessment and evaluation specialist to work with faculty and staff on their science outreach and broader impacts activities. The MU Broader Impacts Network is associated with the Office of Science Outreach, which is part of the MU Science Education Center.
Duties would include, but not be limited to:
· Consulting with faculty in regard to designing and implementing assessment tools for their science outreach/broader impacts activities.
· Providing training in assessment and evaluation for faculty and staff.
· Providing direction and support for assessment and evaluation of the science outreach/broader impacts network model.
· Attending national and regional assessment and evaluation meetings.
· Building a broader impacts database and cataloging broader impact activities at MU.
· Coordinating across like programs for collaborative assessment and evaluation opportunities and designing a suite of common assessment and evaluation surveys for broad use or adaptation.
· Seeking out existing assessment and evaluation tools appropriate for science outreach/broader impacts projects and share with BIN staff and PIs.
· Master’s level preferred.
· Prior experience with qualitative and quantitative assessment and evaluation a must.
· Familiarity with computers including word processing and database management.
· Salary Range: $18-20/hour.
· Effort: 20-28 hours/week (temporary, non-benefits-eligible)
· Start Date: August 1, 2012
Inquiries about the position may be addressed to Dr. Susan Renoe (email@example.com).
To apply, send cover letter and rėsumė with references via email or postal service to:
Dr. Susan D. Renoe, Director
Broader Impacts Network
303 Townsend Hall
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211