- Train graduate student teaching assistants in how to interact with students non-traditional inquiry-based lab experiments. In particular, training occurs in a multi-day session at the start of the semester, and then during periodic group sessions and one-on-one meetings throughout the semester.
- Manage graduate student TAs on a day-to-day basis throughout the semester, by periodically observing and discussing their teaching practices; monitoring the consistency and timeliness of their grading; and intervening when necessary to discuss and resolve the issues with the TA.
- Teach and grade 2-3 introductory physics lab sections (containing roughly 28 students each).
- Continue curriculum development to update the experiments and apply the most current physics pedagogies to improve student learning, engage students in the material, and spark their curiosity.
- Administrative duties, including purchasing supplies, setting lab schedules, website maintenance, creating Blackboard pages and weekly lab quizzes, controlling books and keys, assist with determining final lab grades.
- Set-up and take down laboratory experiments. Due to logistics of changing to a new experiment, this will require some non-standard work hours, including early morning or weekend work.
- Lab equipment maintenance to ensure it remains in good working order.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Laboratory Manager, Physics Department; School of Arts & Sciences - 34145
Danforth - Main Campus
Bachelor’s degree in physics or related field and three years related work experience.
Master’s degree in physics or related field.
The hiring range for this position is $36,660 - $49,491 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, protected veteran, or disability status.