With the support of Valencia College faculty, our more than 63,000 students can do anything, be anything and reach for their wildest dreams and you can help them get there.
All candidates must currently be residing in Florida to teach on-site classes.
Location: Orlando, FL 32811
*All campuses based on specific needs.*
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Degree Requirement: Must have a Master's degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution with a major in physics OR 18 graduate semester hours in physics plus a Master's degree.
Please CLICK HERE for more information about this position.
If you want to play your role in the shaping the future at one of the largest community colleges in Florida and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
Adjunct positions are compensated based on the Overload and Adjunct Faculty Salary Schedule.
How to Apply:
If youd like to apply for the job listed above, click on either the Apply with LinkedIn button to use your LinkedIn profile, or click Apply Now, located on the left, to complete the application process.
For consideration, all documents must be uploaded at the time of application. This includes a resume, cover letter, unofficial transcripts, letters of reference and any other documents related to this position.
Once you have completed the application process, included documents cannot be altered and no additional documents can be uploaded.
For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Completed on-line employment application
- Learning-centered statement
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference must be attached at the time of application
- Cover letter and resume
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepares and delivers instruction to students in assigned modalities (including classroom, hybrid, online, etc.). Prepares instructional materials. Provides feedback on students' progress, including evaluation of student mastery of course and program outcomes.
- Provides feedback to students in matters related to academic success in a timely manner.
- Prepares and submits required documentation including course syllabi, student attendance, final course grades, and other information as requested or required by the college. Maintains and disseminates current information pertaining to services available to students throughout the college.
- Is familiar with and maintains behavior and actions consistent with college policies.
- Maintains professional development & growth according to personal needs and requirements for certification.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Appropriate level of education [required] See Credentials Procedures Manual at: http: & & valenciacollege.edu & faculty & forms & credentials &
- Teaching experience at the community college level (in some cases, related work experiences in the field, professional licensure and certifications, honors and awards, continuous documented excellence in teaching, or other demonstrated competencies and achievements that contribute to effective teaching and student learning outcomes may be used to support an application in lieu of degree and course work requirements).
- Professional commitment to education.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity.
- Ability to perform all of the Essential Functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work evening and & or weekend hours and travel between campus locations as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of learning-centered values.
- Knowledge of, ability to develop, and commitment to use emerging technologies and alternative delivery methods appropriately, including online delivery, hybrid course options, content software, web-enhancements, etc.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and general office software.
- Ability to design learning opportunities that promote student life skills development while enhancing discipline learning. Demonstrated understanding of developmental advising (Valencia's LifeMap) and competency-based learning (LifeMap).
- Ability to develop and implement diverse teaching and learning strategies that accommodate the learning styles of students and that promote both acquisition and applications of knowledge and understanding (Learning Centered Teaching Strategies).
- Ability to use consistent, timely formative and summative assessment measures to enhance learning (Assessment).
- Ability to design learning opportunities that acknowledge, draw upon and are enriched by student diversity in the learning environment (Inclusion and Diversity).
- Ability to design and implement curriculum that aligns elements of student learning toward growth in the Student Core Competencies and progression through course sequences (Outcomes-Based Practice).
- Commitment to stay current and continually improve knowledge and understanding of the discipline (Professional Commitment).
- Ability to continuously examine the effectiveness of teaching, counseling, librarianship and assessment methodologies in terms of student learning by engaging in the scholarship of teaching and learning (Scholarship of Teaching and Learning).
- Ability to effectively communicate interpersonally (in group and one-on-one settings), orally, and in writing.
This job operates in a classroom setting and professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard classroom and office equipment such as microphones, audio & videorecorders, computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; reach with hands and arms; and have sufficient hand, arm and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.