The successful applicant will teach course in general and calculus-based physics. Serve as academic professional to deliver, coordinate, and develop courses and provide service to and on behalf of the University. Plan and supervise semester activities that meet course objectives, maintain records on and evaluate student performance, assign grades. The teaching load will be twenty-four contact hours per academic year, with an additional four hours weekly of required open office hours. Responsible for teaching, advising, service to the department, and for continued professional development.
- Ph.D. degree in Physics, Engineering, or a closely related field
- One year experience teaching college students in a diverse environment
- Experience and enthusiasm for teaching introductory and/or advanced calculus-based physics courses
- Able to teach classes scheduled during days, evenings, and weekends
- Able to teach classes at multiple locations on Oahu
- 2 years post-secondary experience teaching general physics courses
- Strong potential to engage undergraduate students in scholarly and professional development activities
Hawai'i Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable environment in which faculty and staff can excel irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, age, color, disability or genetic information. Hawai'i Pacific University encourages applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities. A pre-employment background investigation is performed on candidates selected for employment.