We seek a faculty member who will enrich the school's commitment to high quality teaching and scholarly inquiry into science education, teacher education, and STEM issues. The successful candidate will positively impact the broader community through research, teaching, outreach, and service.
The successful candidate for this position will engage in high levels of research activity in science education − publishing research and scholarship, seeking external funding, and participating in professional organizations and conferences. The Assistant Professor will be involved in the ISU teacher education program, teach courses in science education at the undergraduate and graduate levels; advise masters and doctoral degree candidates; collaborate with faculty in the Center for Excellence in Science, Mathematics, and Engineering Education, collaborate with others across the School and the university; and participate in service and outreach activities.
Applicants must have:
- An earned doctorate in science education, or a closely related field, by the appointment start date
- PreK-12 science classroom teaching experience
- Demonstrated potential for research/scholarship productivity, including documentation of a research agenda or emerging line of research related to science education
- Additional years of successful PreK-12 teaching experience
- Successful teaching experience at the postsecondary level
- Evidence of successful involvement related to external research funding
- Experience/interest in cross-disciplinary STEM collaborations
- Demonstrated interest to work in partnership with schools and/or other collaborators
All offers of employment, oral and written, are contingent upon the university's verification of credentials and other information required by federal and state law, ISU policies/procedures, and may include the completion of a background check.
Application Process: All application materials must be submitted electronically at https://www.iastatejobs.com/. Once on the website, search by vacancy ID #131361. To apply for this position, please click on "Apply for this Vacancy" and complete the Employment Application. Please be prepared to enter or attach the following documents:
1) A Letter of Application addressing your qualifications for this position
2) A complete Curriculum Vita which includes current contact information
3) Contact information for three references (include name, mailing address, phone number and e-mail)
4) A scholarly manuscript that has been published, presented, or submitted -- Please attach as "Other Document(s)"
If you have questions regarding this vacancy, please contact Joanne K. Olson at email@example.com or call 515-294-3315.