As a member of the Customer Experience team, the Client Success Specialist - Physics will work with physics and astronomy instructors to construct personalized online homework course sites and provide guidance, training, and support that exceeds expectations.
- Collaborate with instructors in building and configuring their online homework course site; aligning the site with the specific learning objectives, style and other needs.
- Utilize subject matter expertise in introductory physics and astronomy classes to create, edit and modify the homework assignments and create additional assignments as needed.
- Develop and cultivate positive client relationships by consistently providing prompt professional support, including, but not limited to: training; assistance regarding site navigation and platform capabilities; and troubleshooting issues as they arise.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing teams to increase closing of renewal business by leveraging the established Instructor relationships.
- Provide recommendations and feedback on future software enhancements and content development based on your own experience and customer feedback.
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Experience as an instructor, tutor, or TA in higher education physics or astronomy courses or a related subject area.
- A strong desire to improve the teaching process for fellow instructors and to see students succeed in their physics and astronomy classes
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Substantial computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Extraordinary customer service skills.
- Solid understanding of Google, email and Google Apps is a plus.
- Experience with Moodle and/or another LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Sakai) is desirable.
- Previous experience with online homework preferred.
- Working knowledge of HTML5, LaTeX is a plus.
Educational Background Required:
- M.A. or M.S. in Physics
Macmillan Learning is a division of the family-owned Holtzbrinck group of companies and is one of the leading educational technology companies. Through deep partnership with the world's best researchers, educators, administrators, and developers, we facilitate teaching and learning opportunities that spark student engagement and improve outcomes. We provide educators with tailored solutions designed to inspire student curiosity and measure progress. Macmillan Learning is comprised of renowned brands including Bedford/St. Martins, W.H. Freeman, Worth Publishers, Sapling Learning, Late Nite Labs, Hayden-McNeil, PrepU, and Dynamic Books. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The successful candidate for this position will become an employee of Bedford Freeman & Worth Publishing Group, LLC, d/b/a Macmillan Learning.