Sapling Learning has immediate, contract openings for Astronomy Content Authors to create questions for our new astronomy product.
· Writing clear questions and solutions of varying difficulties, which test students understanding and application of fundamental astronomical concepts
· Authoring hints, solutions, and feedback that provide insightful diagnosis of student mistakes and misconceptions that are designed to coach students toward mastery
· Inputting the questions, hints, solutions and feedback into the software
· Reviewing and revising the questions
· Experience teaching Introductory Astronomy to non-majors as an instructor or TA, including experience writing original homework and/or test questions
· Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
· Excellent written communication skills
· Must have at least 10 - 15 hours per week to dedicate to creating content
M.S. or Ph.D. in Astronomy or Physics (Ph.D in progress does qualify)
1099 Contract – 15 hours per week commitment. This position can be completed remotely.
For more details, see central website