To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made for disabled persons, covered by the Americans With Disabilities Act, in accordance with its requirements.
1) Teaches assigned courses in Astronomy as scheduled in accordance with current department-approved course descriptions, course outlines, syllabi, and procedures.
2) Assists, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials and laboratory facilities.
3) Assists in the maintenance of course descriptions, course outlines, and syllabi.
4) Employs appropriate assessment techniques to measure student performance in achieving course goals and objectives. Communicates progress in the course to students in a timely manner. Determines and submits students' grades in accordance with established college policies and procedures.
5) Keeps accurate and appropriate records in accordance with the Faculty Handbook an departmental policies.
6) Assists in the identification of students with academic or other needs, and responds by utilizing and appropriate resource.
7) Advises potential or current students within the discipline.
8) Maintains posted office hours in accordance with departmental and college policies.
9) Maintains a personal portfolio for tenure and promotion review and other career-related needs.
10) Employs student, administrative and self-appraisals to establish goals and objectives for professional development, and participates in professional development activities.
11) Provides feedback, as appropriate, regarding the general operations of the department, the division, and the college.
12) Attends faculty meetings as called by the President, Provost, Dean or Department Chairperson; and participates, as appropriate, on departmental and divisional committees.
13) Participates, as appropriate, in additional duties and responsibilities based upon the expertise of the Instructor and the needs of the department, division, or college.
14) Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Required Education/Experience: An appropriate combination of education, training, course work and experience may qualify an applicant to demonstrate required knowledge, skills, and abilities, which includes ability to demonstrate teaching strategies that focus on student centered learning and familiarity will learning technologies and the use of them in the classroom.
Minimum qualifications for this position are Master's Degree in Astronomy, license and/or certification or credential requirements adopted by the college and in accordance with the Ohio Board of Regents and the college's accrediting bodies.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Knowledge of: On-line instruction techniques and methods.
Microsoft Office, Blackboard, and Internet research. Instructional planning and presentation. Student assessment methods and techniques.
Skill In: Providing quality instruction (developmental, multicultural, applied learning) to a diverse student body.
Learning technologies and use of multi-media technology to enhance student learning. Instructional planning and presentation. Student support, critical thinking, effective communication, and student literacy.
Ability to: Perform student learning outcomes assessments.
Demonstrate teaching strategies that focus on student- centered learning. Demonstrate a commitment to improving student learning through innovative strategies that aid student success and retention and reflect industry trends.
Deliver and develop curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market and discipline. Adapt to multi-campus organizational work environments.
Preferred Qualifications: Ph.D. strongly preferred
Training/Certifications Required: State Motor Vehicle Operator's License or demonstrable ability to gain access to worksite(s). Licensure or certification in the field of study (if applicable).
Contact: Columbus State Community College
Online App. Form: https://jobs.cscc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=56240&jtsrc=www.highered jobs.com&jtrfr=www.peopleadmin.com&adorig=PA