FACULTY VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Performs teaching and related faculty functions in area(s) of expertise.
- Teaches graduate and undergraduate science, mathematics and/or science/mathematics methods courses in the Education M.S.Ed. / BS program.
- Works on the administration of grants.
- Works with the Science and mathematics Departments on campus to coordinate course offerings.
- Participates in STEM initiatives and grant opportunities and programs on campus.
- Mentors and advises students in the science and/or mathematics program.
- Assists in coordination of special programs, including the NYC Teaching Fellows, Teach for America (TFA), and other special programs (currently running or slated to be running in the future), collaborates across departments, and fosters school/college partnerships.
- Works with the ePortfolio, TaskStream and NYS Teacher Performance Assessment initiatives.
- Supervises students in their field placements.
- Assists with NCATE accreditation reviews and program development, including a new Middle School track in science education.
- Participates in college, division, and department service.
- Participates in student recruitment, application, and admissions processes.
Bachelor's degree in area(s) of expertise, and the ability to teach successfully.
- University level academic advisement and coordination experience
- Secondary level teaching experience in science and/or mathematics
- Experience with special education
- Master's degree or the equivalent or higher in the sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, Physics or mathematics) with experience in 7-12 science/STEM teaching and teacher education
CUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLY
From our job posting system, select "Apply Now", create or log in to a user account, and provide the requested information. If you are viewing this posting from outside our system, access the employment page on our web site and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title.
Candidates should provide a CV/resume.
Open until filled with review of resumes to begin 2/28/14.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Faculty
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.