The Department of Teaching and Learning at Washington State University invites applications for a permanent, full-time tenure-track science education faculty position at the assistant or associate professor level for the new WSU Spokane Health Science STEM Education Research (HS-STEM-ER) Center. The HS-STEM-ER Center, which is currently in development, is grounded in well-established relationships with regional K-12 schools and higher education institutions. We seek creative and collaborative scholars with established scholarly records to help define and carry out the Center research agenda and related outreach and professional development efforts, as well as contributing to a growing Mathematics and Science Education graduate and undergraduate program. Based on scholarly record, this faculty member will be considered for a Boeing Science Education Professorship.
Washington State University is a land-grant doctoral/research institution with faculty and programs on four campuses. WSU Spokane is an entrepreneurial urban campus focused on health science education. The WSU
Spokane campus, which lies at the heart of a developing University
District and at a premier location along the Spokane River, houses both WSU Spokane and Eastern Washington University programs. The mission of the WSU Spokane HS-STEM-ER Center is to guide excellence in health science STEM education research, teaching, and learning at WSU, the state, and beyond by supporting health science STEM education research and related outreach programs and professional activity.
• Conduct scholarly research on science education and/or STEM pipeline-related topics.
• Solicit external funding to support the research, outreach, and professional development goals of the HS-STEM-ER Center.
• Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in science and STEM education and mentor graduate students in science and mathematics education.
• Participate in an interdisciplinary statewide WSU team committed to effective graduate and undergraduate teacher education through teaching, mentoring, and service.
• Contribute to the HS-STEM-ER Center’s collaborative planning and efforts.
• Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with professionals in
K-12 schools, regional universities, and community agencies.
• Initiate and participate in STEM, health science, and/or science education at the local, state, and national levels.
For more information, please visit: https://www.wsujobs.com/postings/14884