Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for faculty in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks faculty who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
School/College: College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
Department: Department of Mathematics and Physics
Location: Azusa, CA
The Department of Mathematics and Physics invites applications for a position as Assistant or Associate Professor of Physics. This position involves instructing undergraduates in physics and engineering courses, along with maintaining an active research program and participating in undergraduate mentoring and advising.
- Teach upper and lower division lecture and lab courses in physics, including a combination of courses in introductory engineering and general education science
- Conduct research in physics involving undergraduate students
- Participate in mentoring and academic advising of undergraduate students
- Participate in department and university affairs
Level: Assistant or Associate Professor
- An earned doctorate in physics
- Demonstrated ability to teach full range of undergraduate physics courses as identified in description above
- A commitment to teaching excellence in an undergraduate, liberal arts program
- Knowledge of the field with a record of scholarship and a willingness to conduct research in an undergraduate setting
- A demonstrated, vibrant Christian faith compatible with the mission of Azusa Pacific University (Faculty members are required to sign a "Statement of Faith," available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe, and to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook)
- Evidence of a commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching and research
- Desire to mentor undergraduate students in their course work, research, and personal lives
- Interest in and commitment to the integration of faith with the discipline
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
At Azusa Pacific University we value and uphold God-honoring diversity. Diversity was not our idea, but God's. Therefore, we aim for an environment that respects and honors each individual's uniqueness while celebrating our collective commonalities. It is in this spirit that we continue important discourse on diversity, engage a variety of perspectives, and embrace active listening in a spirit of humility. We continue our efforts to recruit, hire, and support a diverse community in an effort to create a milieu that reflects the mosaic of God's kingdom.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.