The STEM Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the planning, development, and management of STEM related outreach activities as well as the promotion of the STEM academic programs at College of DuPage. Activities and events will be designed to promote an interest in STEM majors and careers among students and increase the STEM literacy of participants of all ages. The STEM Coordinator is also responsible for outreach to local community organizations, schools, and businesses to provide enhanced, experiential learning opportunities for the community.
Duties of Position:
· Develop and administer a comprehensive STEM Outreach program and activities for high school students including demonstrations, presentations, school and community activities.
· Create and promote professional development in the STEM subjects for regional High School educators and work with COD departments and outside contacts to develop and deliver training.
· Work with various College departments to develop and present STEM events for students and the community, including the annual STEM-CON event.
· Represent the COD at various outreach-related venues/events both on and off campus.
· Work with the marketing department to develop materials and communications to promote the College's STEM programs.
· Develop and participate in partnerships that include STEM outreach activities. Identify opportunities for community partnerships.
· Develop programming for parents, school counselors and teachers designed to increase the number of students attempting and succeeding in rigorous STEM courses.
· Work with departments in the college and with campus organizations that bring P-12 students, teachers, and counselors to campus to ensure that STEM-related activities and careers are included and are coordinated across the various units.
· Evaluate new STEM outreach possibilities as they arise, including activities in various sciences, mathematics, technology, and engineering.
· Work effectively with school districts, community organizations, government agencies, parents, students, and/or staff.
· Maintain professional connections at the state and national level within his/her STEM discipline as well as within the STEM education community at large.
· Recruit and train student volunteers.
· Experience and Education:
EDUCATION: At least a Bachelor's degree in one of the STEM fields.
EXPERIENCE: Demonstrations & presentations for large groups.
EDUCATION: Master's degree in one of the STEM fields.
EXPERIENCE: Past work in outreach; supervision of young people as volunteers or employees; teaching experience.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Standard office equipment and Microsoft office programs. Must have a valid driver's license.
Office environment with some local travel. Candidates must be able to travel to local high schools and other venues. Some evening and weekend work will be required.
Position Title: College STEM Outreach Coordinator (Grant Funded) in suburban Chicago
Position Number: CFRE50137PIPS
Department: Marketing & Creative Services - MEM
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt
Salary Range: 13
Link to Position: https://cod.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=32527&job=stem-outreach-coordinator-grant-funded-cfre50137pips