Appointment: Full-time Tenure Track/Probationary
Location: Bemidji, MN
The Department of Physics is seeking a Physicist specializing in Experimental Physics, Physics Education or closely related field.
- Teach undergraduate/graduate lectures and laboratories and online courses in freshman physics, modern physics, electronics, capstone projects, and to develop courses related to area of expertise.
- In addition to classroom teaching responsibilities, the successful candidate is expected to pursue research activities in area of expertise.
- Participate in program planning and assessment.
- Anticipate involvement with activities that support Bemidji State University's signature themes of environmental stewardship, civic engagement, and global/multicultural understanding. Participation in international teaching experiences will be encouraged.
- Participate in student advising, perform other additional assignments
- Earned doctorate from an accredited university in Physics, with an emphasis in Experimental Physics, Physics Education or closely related field.
- Commitment to quality teaching required.
- Applicants with more experience may be considered for hire at the Associate Professor level.
- The applicant should demonstrate a knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and populations.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
Persons writing letters of references should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces
Dr. John Truedson
Department of Physics
1500 Birchmont Dr. NE, Box 27
Bemidji, MN 56601
Telephone: (218) 755-2796
Apply online: http://www.bemidjistate.edu/offices/human_resources/employment/faculty_administrator/
A complete application will include the following attachments:
- A cover letter that addresses your qualifications for the position.
- A vita/resume.
- Unofficial transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate work
- A statement of teaching philosophy and a list of all academic courses taught.
- A research statement.
- Letters of recommendations from three professional references. These letters must be sent via email directly from the person writing the recommendation. The subject line of the email should list the candidate’s name and be emailed to Dr. John Truedson (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline (April 26, 2016).
August 16, 2016
Applications should be submitted to our online system, NEOGOV, no later than April 26, 2015 11:59 pm to guarantee consideration. The search committee reserves the right to consider applications until an appointment is made.
JOIN OUR UNIVERSITY COMMUNITY!
Bemidji State University, situated on a stunning lakeside in northern Minnesota, provides a transformative experience for students who engage in active learning on campus, in their communities, and throughout the world. Bemidji State University is a catalyst for helping students realize their potential and worth, which, in turn, inspires them to new worlds of thought and promotion of the common good. The greater Bemidji community has a population of 25,000 and serves as a regional center for commerce, recreation, health care, and the arts. Bemidji State University welcomes 5,000 students annually. Offerings include undergraduate majors and graduate programs encompassing the liberal arts and selected professional programs. Bemidji State University is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System (MnSCU)http://www.mnscu.edu. To learn more about our distinctive university, see our web site at:http://www.bemidjistate.edu
Bemidji State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator
Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at:
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.