|Job Title:||Physics Associate Faculty|
|Department:||Math and Science|
|Job Summary/Basic Function:||Everett Community College has an opening for a Physics instructor. This position reports to the Dean of Math and Science.|
- Prepare and teach calculus- and algebra-based Physics courses.
- Facilitate student learning by using a variety of lecture, discussion, laboratory, demonstration, technology-based and collaborative formats.
- Identify and implement procedures/techniques to assess individual student learning, as well as achievement of course learning outcomes.
May include late afternoon or evening teaching assignments.
Everett Community College’s vision, strategic plan and core themes value, respect and uphold diversity, equity, cultural competence and inclusion. Hiring and retaining a diverse workforce is a commitment for our institution.
Everett Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or age.
Faculty at Everett Community College are required to become members of the Everett Community College Federation of Teachers or pay a representation fee to the Federation within thirty (30) calendar days after date of hire.
|Minimum Qualifications:||- M.S. or Ph.D. in physics or a related field|
- Teaching experience in physics
- Demonstrated experience, and/or classroom strategies for, effectively instructing students from diverse backgrounds including differences in culture, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, and religion
|Preferred Qualifications:||- Experience with microcomputer-based laboratories|
- Commitment to lab-based instruction
- Experience using current technology and standard lab apparatus to collect, analyze and model data in instruction
- Excellent English communication skills
- A philosophy of education appropriate to the community college
|Physical Demands||Everett Community College follows the Americans with Disability Act (ADA) and provides the following information as a guideline for applicants:|
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate office equipment
- Ability to see to read and verify data and prepare various materials
- Ability to hear and speak to exchange information on the phone or in person
|Work Hours:||Varies. May include late afternoon or evening teaching assignments.|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||Please attach a cover letter that addresses each of the minimum and preferred qualifications.|
Copies of transcripts for graduate and undergraduate degrees should also be attached.
Notice to ApplicantsDrug-Free Campus In compliance with federal and state regulations, EvCC is committed to a safe and drug-free campus. Employees are required to comply with EvCC’s policy prohibiting illegal drug use or activity, including notification of criminal drug convictions and the use of prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications that are likely to affect job safety.
The complete policy is available at the EvCC Policies page.
If you would like a printed copy of the policy, or if you have any questions, please contact the Human Resources Department at 425-388-9229.
Safety and Security EvCC strives to be a safe, secure and prepared campus for our students, staff and community. Detailed information regarding campus security, crime statistics for the most recent three year period, and other information is available on the Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Management page.
This information is required by law and is provided by the EvCC Security Department. If you would like a printed copy of this information, you may contact the Security Department at (425) 388-9990.
|Salary||$4,229.91 to $4,800.00 per class|
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this opening?
- SBCTC jobs page
- Other online advertisement
- Other social media site
- Newspaper, Magazine, or other print advertisement
- Job Fair
- Referred by an EvCC employee
- Referred by another contact
- * Do you have a master's degree or Ph. D. in physics or a related field?
- No Response
- * Do you have demonstrated experience and/or classroom strategies for effectively instructing students from diverse backgrounds, including differences in culture, heritage, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual orientation, ability, class, and religion?(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Reference 1