Recruitment/Posting Title Assistant Teaching Professor
Department SAS - Physics & Astronomy
Rutgers University, SAS – Department of Physics and Astronomy seeks a qualified person for the position of Assistant Teaching Professor.
• Serve as lecturer and course supervisor for an introductory physics course.
• Teach one recitation section in the course.
• Teach one laboratory section in the course.
• Train and supervise Teaching Assistants of recitation and lab sections.
• Perform all support functions for the course, such as maintaining the course Website, coordinating the grading of exams, grading of lecture exercises, maintaining an online Gradebook, etc.
• Provide technical support during lecture.
• Provide technical support for recitations and labs.
• Maintenance of course software.
Minimum Education and Experience
• At least a Master’s Degree in Physics.
• Experience in teaching college-level introductory physics, including lectures, recitations, and laboratories.
• Experience in the use of personal computers in physics courses and labs.
• Experience in creating and maintaining Webpages.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Familiarity with innovative instructional methods developed by Physics Education Research.
• Contributions to Physics Education Research.
• Effective communication skills in both written and oral English.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
START DATE: July 1, 2016 or as soon as possible
SALARY: Approximately $60,000 per academic year. Likelihood of summer session teaching opportunities for additional compensation. Comprehensive benefits package.
Posting Number 16FA1033
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Quick Link to Posting http://jobs.rutgers.edu:80/postings/25728
Campus Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus Busch (RU-New Brunswick)
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
It is university policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all its employees and applicants for employment regardless of their race, creed, color, national origin, age, ancestry, nationality, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability status, liability for military service, protected veteran status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing), or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation with regard to the application and selection processes (for example, the online application process or interviews) or have any questions about our website accessibility, please call 848-932-4444 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
List of References