Working Title Physics - Visiting Faculty
District/Division Academic & Student Affairs
Unit College Lib Arts/Sciences
Responsibilities - Essential Functions Successful candidates will be responsible for teaching a full load of courses (12 contact hours/week) and supporting the day-to-day business of the department. In particular, they will be responsible for:
- Serving as instructor of record for introductory physics courses, including lectures, discussion (recitation) sections, and labs;
- Holding regular office hours;
- Working effectively with a team of faculty and staff, particularly those teaching or working in support of our introductory courses (each semester our department offers ~ 15 classes for ~ 1,000 introductory level students).
Responsibilities - Non-essential Functions
Required Qualifications and Education Visiting faculty position that will start in August, 2016. The position will be for one (1) year with the possibility of renewal for up to two (2) more years.
- Ph.D. in Physics;
- Experience teaching introductory physics courses or labs is preferred;
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills;
- Commitment to working with a diverse student population.
Preferred Qualifications and Education
(For Hourly Staff Only)
(For AP/Faculty Only)
Commensurate with experience
Date Position will Post to the Web 05-16-2016
Application Deadline Info Review of applications will begin May 23, 2016 until the position is filled.
How To Apply Click on "Apply to this Posting". Include a current curriculum vitae, cover letter, 1-2 page statement of teaching experience and philosophy and names and contact information for three (3) references. Questions can be sent to the Physics Chair at email@example.com.
Job Category Faculty
Job Type Full-time Academic Year
Quick Link www.gvsujobs.org/applicants/Central?quickFind=181486