How to Apply
Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed below by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time. 01/31/2017
Position Title: Assistant Professor, Physics/Astronomy (Riverside City College)
Job listing number
Department: Physical Science (R)
Position Type: Full-Time Faculty/Counselor/Librarian
Student Position Type
Student Employment Location/Department
Physical location of the position: Riverside
If off-site, please specify location.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Tenure Track (Faculty)
If Part-Time, indicate the number of hours per week
Position Length: 10-month
Salary Range: Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6
Salary Amount: $59,061 - $90,997
Salary Type: Annual
Is this position categorically (grant) funded? No
If categorically (grant) funded, date funded through:
Department Specific Needs:
Basic Function: BASIC FUNCTION:
The successful candidate will be responsible for lectures in Physics and Astronomy, as well as associated laboratory instruction for these disciplines.
Masters degree in physics with an emphasis in astronomy; or a Masters degree in astronomy; or the equivalent. (All degrees and units used to satisfy minimum qualifications shall be from accredited institutions).
Teaching experience at the college level is required.
Other: COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY:
Evidence of a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (E.C. 87360a).
Duties and Responsibilities: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The instructional assignment will include lecture and laboratory classes in the discipline(s).
2. Faculty will participate in outcomes assessment work.
3. Faculty assignment is based upon the assumption of workload of forty hours weekly, including but not limited to conducting classes, class preparation, student evaluation, office hours, committee work, curriculum and program development, learning outcomes assessment, program review, student activities, and other duties per the bargaining unit agreement.
4. Institutional service activities are expected of all faculty members.
5. Participation in discipline/department decision-making processes and work regarding curriculum, program development, Improvement of Instruction, and other professional matters is expected.
6. Responsibilities also include maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position.
Duties and Responsibilities - Continued:
Duties and Responsibilities: - Continued
Conditions of Employment: CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Ten-month, tenure-track position.
2. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation, and full-time teaching or equivalent experience with a range from Column C, Step 1 to Column H, Step 6 of the current Faculty Salary Schedule.
3. Medical and dental benefits are provided for the employee and legal dependents.
4. A $50,000 life insurance policy is provided for the employee.
5. Orientation to college is required as is adherence to Improvement of Instruction policy.
6. Maintaining broad knowledge of academic or occupational area and design pedagogy related to learning outcomes is expected.
7. Responsible for all other conditions of employment required of full-time faculty members such as a willingness to be involved in District promotional activities, active participation in college committee work, student activities and other support services, and appropriate professional activities.
The Riverside Community College District complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate on the basis of ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law. This holds true for all District employment opportunities. Inquiries regarding compliance and/or grievance procedures may be directed to the District's Title IX Officer/Section 504/ADA Coordinator. Harassment of any employee/student with regard to ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, color, ancestry, genetic information, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any characteristic listed or defined in Section 11135 of the Government Code or any characteristic that is contained in the prohibition of hate crimes set forth in subdivision (1) of Section 422.6 of the California Penal Code, or any other status protected by law, is strictly prohibited. The Title IX Officer, Section 504/ADA Coordinator for the District is Ms. Lorraine Jones, 3801 Market Street, Riverside, CA 92501. Telephone Number is: (951) 222-8039.
Work Hours/Work Days for Classified and Hourly Positions Only:
Required Applicant Documents: Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Bachelors or Equivalent Transcript
Masters or Equivalent Transcript
Optional Applicant Documents: Letter of Recommendation 3
Effective Employment Date: Fall 2017
Application Deadline: 01-31-2017
Special Comments: ************************************************
* All offers of employment will be contingent upon the availability of funds and approval by the Board of Trustees.
* Only electronic, on-line applications are accepted. All supporting materials, required or optional, must also be in electronic formats and attached to the electronic, on-line application when applying. Supporting materials are only accepted as Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) or Microsoft Word files and must be less than 2 MB in size.
* Paper applications and supporting materials, including letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be accepted! All documents must be submitted electronically WITH the online application.
* Letters of recommendation must be NON-CONFIDENTIAL and submitted electronically when applying on-line.
*Interested candidates must apply by the deadline listed above by 8:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.
*The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact Diversity and Human Resources at (951) 222-8595 for assistance.
Application Types Accepted: Faculty Application