A full-time position in the Department of Natural Science and Mathematics is available beginning August 1, 2017.
- Teach courses in Physics, Physical Chemistry, and Physical Science.
- May be required to teach Pre-Calculus, Calculus I, or other mathematics courses as needed to meet demands of the college.
- Advise current students and recruit prospective students.
- Participate in faculty governance.
All SC employees are expected to demonstrate a strong and articulate Christian faith, to model and mentor students in servant leadership and in the integration of faith into every aspect of life and learning. Specific requirements for this position include:
- Doctorate in Physics, Physical Chemistry, or related field preferred. M.S./M.A. considered.
- College teaching experience that demonstrates an understanding of the teaching/learning process.
- An understanding of undergraduate college students and an ability to relate well to them.
- An understanding of an interdisciplinary approach to the liberal arts, and an ability to work with faculty from diverse disciplines.
Salary and rank will be determined by credentials and experience applied to an established faculty salary schedule, and accompanying benefits.
Founded in 1887, Sterling College's mission is to develop creative and thoughtful leaders who understand a maturing Christian faith. With over 640 students and 46 full-time faculty, the campus community shares a vision to be recognized as the finest Christ-centered, servant-leadership-development-focused liberal arts experience in the Great Plains. The City of Sterling is a progressive town of about 2,300 with a very cordial relationship with the college. Sterling has its own medical clinic and a progressive public school system. The local economy is based on farming, ranching, oil, and small manufacturing companies. Hutchinson (pop. 42,000) is a 25-minute drive, and Wichita (pop. 385,000) is about 65 minutes away.
A review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate must undergo a background check. To apply: go to www.sterling.edu/employment and complete and submit everything listed once you click on the Physics listing. Please submit all of the requested documents electronically to email@example.com.