The purpose of this position is the daily operation of the Science in Motion Physics Program. The ASIM Physics Specialist is a professional staff member of the College of Education.
1. Serve on the ASIM State Advisory Board when required to do so under State
Department of Education guidelines.
2. Assist with developing and submitting a yearly budget in accordance with State Accountability
Standards and ASIM budget guidelines for approval by the AMSTI State Director.
Maintain budget records of all expenditures and work
with other ASIM, AMSTI, and Regional Inservice Center personnel to
prepare and submit quarterly reports to the State Department of
in a timely manner.
4. Maintain activity records for all school visits in accordance with State Department of Education guidelines,
and submit reports to the State Department of Education in a timely manner.
5. Oversee van maintenance.
principals and teachers in the University of Montevallo Regional
In-Service area to ensure awareness and knowledge of the ASIM program.
Enroll new teachers in the program each year with the goal of serving
every teacher and school within the University of Montevallo
Regional In-Service area.
8. Visit participating high schools in accordance with guidelines set forth in the ASIM contract with the
State Department of Education.
9. Schedule and oversee ASIM Workshops for Teacher Training, in accordance with UM Regional In-Service
Center, AMSTI-UM, and State Department of Education guidelines, for teachers participating in the ASIM program.
10. Attend statewide
ASIM meetings as required by the State Director of AMSTI.
11. Work cooperatively with the State Director of AMSTI and other ASIM
specialists to ensure a high quality program that is comparable to programs offered in other In-Service Regions.
related duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of the
Regional In-Service Center, the AMSTI-UM Director, or the State
Director of AMSTI.
Master's degree is education or an appropriate science required. Three years public school teaching in high
school physics required. Experience providing professional development for teachers preferred.