The Physics Faculty will be responsible for classroom instruction. They will provide leadership in the development, assessment, and evaluation of curriculum in existing courses, new courses, and related programs. They will actively participate in student advising. They will participate in department meetings and college committees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Facilitate classroom instruction:
- Prepares, presents, and evaluates course materials related to the instructional strategies which are based on the course learning objectives
- Provides adequate feedback/explanation of graded coursework and other student information in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensures a positive and favorable learning environment in the classroom, labs, and campus while maintaining and following proper safety protocols
- Responsible for classroom and lab equipment, maintenance, and supplies
- Completes assessment and evaluation of existing courses and program curriculum; revises course materials and activities as needed for improvement.
- Develops new courses including the assessment, evaluation, course syllabi, selecting appropriate text and ancillary materials
- Attends statewide articulation and transfer meetings and/or remains abreast of transfer and articulation policy; make curricular recommendations and changes based on statewide transfer and articulation policies.
- Provides leadership to adjunct faculty and student workers
- Arranges and maintains suitable office hours for student advising and academic assistance
- Provides academic advising and counseling to students assisting with course selection and academic requirements
- Colleges and universities
- High schools
- Career Centers/Tech Prep/dual enrollments
- Community and Professional associations
6. Completes assigned tasks in a timely manner and follows established college policies and procedures
7. Engages in professional development activities to maintain and enhance course content and instructional skills
- Other non-instructional duties as agreed upon between the instructor and dean
Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in Physics or related field required, Ph.D preferred.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Have knowledge in educational theory or techniques
- Have knowledge of statewide transfer and articulation policies
- Have the ability to lead development of new courses
- Have the ability and skill to assess and plan courses
Position reports directly to the Dean of Math, Science, and Engineering Technology
Aid in the support of adjunct faculty and student workers
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT
Position will interact with students and their parents, high school employees, NSCC and other college personnel, equipment vendors, employers, and the general public. Participation in professional organizations is encouraged.
LICENSING AND REGULATION N/A
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
This position must operate general office equipment as needed. The College or personal vehicle may be needed for travel to off-campus sites. This position must be able to operate instructional equipment at the College as well as remote instructional sites.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to  pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is performed primarily in an office or classroom setting. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Candidates should submit an interest letter and updated CV/resume in Word or PDF format to email@example.com using subject line of "FT Physics Faculty."