- Teach and develop, as necessary, undergraduate physics courses for the physics department, and graduate courses for the Professional Science Master’s program.
- Develop, conduct, and supervise design projects and research activities with undergraduates.
- Advise and mentor physics and general engineering majors.
- Maintain scholarly activities and professional development appropriate for tenure-track position.
- Provide service to the college, university, and community that is commensurate with experience.
- Contribute to student growth and development.
- Assist in recruiting students to the university and to the physics department.
- Contribute to assessment of the physics programs and related accreditation.
- Willingness to teach evening courses, workshops, and/or online courses as dictated by departmental needs.
- By August 2016, a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or a related field
- Evidence of effective oral and written English communication skills
- Evidence of Teaching Effectiveness, including but not limited to the following:
- Experience implementing a variety of science teaching methods.
- Evidence of ability to teach a range of undergraduate physics courses.
- Experience teaching electronics and/or electrical engineering courses.
- Evidence of Scholarly Activity, including but not limited to the following:
- Postdoctoral and/or industrial experience
- Publications, presentations, and/or patents.
- Setting up a research lab
- Evidence of Continued Preparation, including but not limited to the following:
- Experience with accreditation.
- Knowledge of best practices in science/engineering education.
- Evidence of Contribution to Student Growth, including but not limited to the following:
- Experience mentoring student research and design projects.
- Evidence of Service, including but not limited to the following:
- Experience with public STEM outreach
- Experience with secondary STEM education programs, e.g., First Robotics
- Experience with “Maker Spaces” or start-up incubators
- Knowledge of and interest in working with diverse cultures and populations.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package (health, dental, retirement, tuition waiver).
Internal Number: WSU151637