Normandale Community College is located in Bloomington, MN, a suburb of Minneapolis. We serve more than 14,000 students from varying backgrounds and educational goals, and offer over 50 Associate in Arts degree programs. Normandale strives to advance individual's intellectual, career, and personal development by providing outstanding teaching and support. We are a State of Minnesota employer and are part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system. Normandale Community College has a commitment to diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
|Examples of Duties:|
|ABOUT THE POSITION|
The Physics Department at Normandale Community College seeks a qualified faculty candidate to engage in teaching, service to the college, and professional development.
Teaching responsibilities will include:
Service to the College will include:
Professional development will include:
To be qualified for this position, you must meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. Ensure that your resume contains descriptions of your work experiences sufficient for comparison against the requirements stated below.
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
Minimum Qualifications: (required to have to enter job)
• A Master's degree in physics or a Master's degree with 16 graduate semester credits (24 graduate quarter credits) in physics
Preferred Qualifications: (desired but not required to have to enter job)
• A Master's degree in field or a Master's degree with 18 graduate semester credits in physics (to assure compliance with the Higher Learning Commission standards effective September 2017)
• Ph.D. in physics or a closely related discipline.
• Demonstrated commitment to teaching diverse student body that has a broad range of interests and abilities
• Teaching experience in a variety of physics courses.
• Community college experience.
• Experience teaching online and/or hybrid courses.
• Experience using technology in the classroom.
• Experience using active learning principles.
• Experience teaching laboratories and using lab equipment and software.
• Experience assessing curriculum and instruction.
• Demonstrated commitment to participating in campus activities and professional development.
• Demonstrated commitment to high academic standards
|Dates of Employment: August 17, 2016. Classes begin on August 22, 2016 through academic year.|
Salary Range: Starting salary (based on education and experience) is expected to range from $39.253 to $72,672; however, actual salary placement is contingent upon completion of MnSCU's salary placement process.
Materials received after 4:30 pm CST January 15, 2016, may not be considered. The search committee will begin reviewing files of applicants after January 29, 2016.
Incomplete applications and materials received after the posted closing date may not be considered.
Application for this position must be made online via this website (scroll up toward the top of this posting and click Apply). When you get to the next window, scroll down and click on the applicable discipline that you are interested in. Once you get back on the correct job posting, click the "APPLY" link. From here, you will be able to apply for this specific job, and once you attach the needed files and answer all the supplemental questions, you will be able to click a "Submit" button.
If you are new to the NEOGOV process, you'll need to create a generic application that is stored within GovernmentJobs.com. After this is done, you'll need to navigate back to the job posting in which you are interested in applying.
If you encounter technical issues, please contact NeoGov directly about the difficulties you have encountered working with the NeoGov site. You may call the Tech Support line at NeoGov for assistance. Call (310) 469-0515 or Toll-Free Number: (877) 204-4442, between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday. Upon connection, press 2, then 1, to get support for job applicants.
Include only the required application materials of:
1) cover letter;
2) current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Wednesday, December 23, 2015
Unlimited FT, Normandale CC, Bloomington MN