Cactus Communications is a pioneer in language services, serving more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries. We employ a global team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. We’re currently looking for specialist freelance copyeditors and substantive editors from all across the world.
Why this is a great opportunity
· Flexibility to determine your schedule and work hours
· Potential to earn USD 1200 to 4000 per month (based on regular availability)
· Additional fees of up to 20%
No need to relocate. As this is a freelance opportunity, we invite applicants from all across the world.
What you will do
· Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
· Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
· Ensure that all subject-specific conventions are followed
What you need
· A Post Doc/PhD/Masters/Bachelors degree or expertise in one or more specialized subject areas in Physics and/or Optics[detailed subject-area list below]
· Excellent English editing skill and attention to detail (prior editing experience would be great)
Cactus Communications has international subsidiaries and offers editing, translation, medical writing, and other services to researchers, academic journals, and organizations worldwide. We serve more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries and have extensive experience engaging our global community of 800+ freelancers.
To apply, fill in the application form here:
Detailed subject-area list
Acoustics and ultrasonics, Applied physics, Astronomy and astrophysics, Atomic and molecular physics, Condensed matter physics, High-energy and particle physics, Lasers, Linear physics, Magnetism, Medical physics, Nonlinear physics, Nuclear physics, Optics, Other – Physics, Plasma, Quantum physics, Radiation, Solid-state physics, Statistical and mathematical physics, Theoretical physics, Photonics, Imaging physics, Photovoltaics, Spintronics and plasmonics
Atmospheric and oceanic optics, Atomic/Molecular physics, Coherence and statistical optics, Detectors, Diffraction and gratings, Fiber optics and optical communications, Fourier optics and signal processing, General optics, Geometric optics, Holography, Image processing, Imaging systems, Instrumentation, measurement, and metrology, Integrated optics, Lasers and laser optics, Machine vision, Materials, Medical optics and biotechnology, Microscopy, Nonlinear optics, Optical data storage, Optical design and fabrication, Optical devices, Optics at surfaces, Optics in computing, Optoelectronics, Other areas of optics, Physical optics, Quantum optics, Remote sensing and sensors, Scattering, Spectroscopy, Thin films, Ultrafast optics, Vision, color, and visual optics, X-ray optics
Closing date: 15th January, 2016.