The Learning and Teaching Enhancement (LTEO) of Xian Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is looking to hire an E-Learning officer. As part of the LTEO team, the E-Learning officer will provide support for learning and teaching through the use of technology.
Responsibilities of the E-Learning officer will include:
1) Evaluating the impact of technology-enhanced learning on campus.
2) Recommending the adoption of new learning technologies; coordinating and facilitating the effective implementation of such technologies.
3) Providing consultation to academic staff seeking to incorporate e-learning components into their modules.
4) Supporting staff use of existing XJTLU learning technologies such as the virtual learning environment, in-class student response systems, and anti-plagiarism software.
5) Advising academic staff and the administration on classroom space design as it relates to technology.
6) Working with the LTEO team to promote best practices in the area of e-Learning on campus.
7) Contributing to University and department action plans and committees relating to learning and teaching enhancement; collaborating with LTEO team members to implement the office’s operational plan.
The position reports to the Manager of the Learning and Teaching Enhancement Office.
The salary range for the position is 3000-4500 US dollar per month plus benefits and other living allowances. Visa support will be provided to foreign hires.
A PhD and two years relevant work experience OR a Masters and five years relevant work experience in educational development or learning technology. Applicants with a bachelor’s degree and an exceptionally strong professional record will also be considered. Work experience in higher education learning and teaching enhancement issues is a plus.
Xian Jiaotong-Liverpool University was founded in 2006. It was China’s first institution to offer bachelor-level degrees accredited by both UK and Chinese governing bodies. The language of instruction is English, although a large majority of students are from mainland China. The total student population for the fall of 2013 will be about 7,000. XJTLU is located in Suzhou, a rapidly growing city 25 minutes from Shanghai and an epicenter of pharmaceutical and high tech industry. For more information visit: http://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/en/
The Learning and Teaching Enhancement Office provides an educational development service that collaborates with and supports the academic campus community to provide the best possible teaching and learning experience for our students. For more information visit: http://www.xjtlu.edu.cn/en/learning-teaching/lte.html
All applicants should apply using the HR online application system. Please click the ‘Apply’ button below and register a user account. After registration, you will be asked to upload your CV, submit a covering letter (in English) outlining your interest in the position, and complete the online Basic Information, Referees and Equal Opportunities forms.
If you are experiencing difficulties using our HR online application system, please contact: email@example.com.