Science Librarian (search reopened)Libraries
Job DescriptionThe College of Wooster Libraries seeks a dynamic, creative, and service-oriented colleague as our next Science Librarian. Reporting to the Director of Libraries, the Science Librarian oversees the award-winning Timken Science Library, supervises the Science Library Associate and student workers, and serves as the primary liaison to students and faculty from the sciences. Responsibilities include provision of reference service and research consultations, participation in an active research education program, proactive outreach to liaison departments, and development of local print and digital collections that complement the consortial resources available to us through OhioLINK. Library Instruction is incorporated throughout the curriculum, beginning with First Year Seminar. Close work in the classroom and through consultations with third- and fourth-year students on their Independent Study projects, Wooster’s highly regarded mentored undergraduate research experience, will also be an integral role for the Science Librarian. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a library staff focused on user needs and committed to developing an evolving library program that best supports the College community. Minimum starting salary: $50,000.
- MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent
- Academic background or experience in the sciences
- Strong project management, analytical, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and creativity
- Facility using and applying emerging technologies in an academic context
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Well versed in scholarly communication issues
- Experience working in an academic library
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a science discipline
- Experience using and supporting library-related technologies (e.g. bioinformatics, GIS, data curation, institutional repositories)
The College of Wooster is an independent college of the liberal arts and sciences with a commitment to excellence in undergraduate education. The College values diversity, strives to attract qualified women and minority candidates, and encourages individuals belonging to these groups to apply. Wooster seeks to ensure diversity by its policy of employing persons without regard to age, sex, color, race, creed, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, or political affiliation. The College of Wooster is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Employment is subject to federal laws requiring verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act. Drug-free workplace.
Drug Free Workplace
Posted October 3, 2013