Assistant Professor, STEM Education
Job Posting #:
January 15, 2016
Texas State University, a Hispanic serving institution (HSI) and Emerging Research Institution, seeks applicants for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education, beginning Fall 2016.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: maintaining a clear research agenda and a strong record of scholarly activities in STEM education leading to presentations and publications; teaching undergraduate and graduate STEM education content courses; and engaging in service to the profession, department, university, and community.
- Earned doctorate in STEM Education, or a related field, focusing on education in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics by hiring date
- Demonstrated potential for working successfully with culturally and linguistically diverse student populations
- A minimum of three (3) years teaching experience at the secondary school level or equivalent
- Evidence of the ability to establish and sustain a strong research agenda in STEM education as evidenced by publications, presentations, grants, etc.
- Knowledge of national standards, trends and research-based practices in STEM education
- Demonstrated excellence in applying STEM education research and theory
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching STEM education courses at the university level
- A record of three (3) or more years K-12 STEM teaching experience
- Professional experience in integrated approaches to STEM education
- Demonstrated potential for national leadership and advocacy in STEM education
- Evidence of successful collaboration with university and/or public school colleagues within a diverse environment
- Evidence of ability to cultivate and maintain public school and community partnerships
- Demonstration of the potential for service at the department, college, and/or university levels
To apply, send (1) a letter of interest that addresses your philosophy of STEM education, your research agenda, and your experiences in relation to each of the required and preferred qualifications sections in the posting; (2) a relevant scholarly writing sample; (3) official undergraduate and graduate transcripts (note: applicants may submit unofficial copies of transcripts with the application; the individual who is offered the position must submit official transcripts prior to hiring); (4) three letters of reference; (5) a curriculum vitae that includes all degrees and certifications, all professional experience, a list of courses taught, scholarship, and a list of three professional references with names, addresses, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers; and (6) the completed Texas State Faculty Employment Application available at http://facultyrecords.provost.txstate.edu/faculty-employment/application.
To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by January 15, 2016. Send materials electronically to Naomi Wilson at email@example.com. Official transcripts should be mailed to the following address:
Ms. Naomi Wilson
Texas State University
Department of Curriculum & Instruction
601 University Drive
San Marcos, TX 78666
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.