Nevada State College is a new, rapidly growing four-year college located in metropolitan Las Vegas. We are seeking excellent teacher/scholars to work alongside dedicated faculty in a highly collegial, interdisciplinary environment. Our faculty members enjoy the rare opportunity to shape the college as it continues growing into a cornerstone of higher education in Southern Nevada. As of August 2008, faculty in the Liberal Arts & Sciences have begun working in a new, state-of-the-art facility located on our developing 500-acre campus.
Nevada State College invites applications for a full-time Physical Sciences Lecturer to begin fall 2009. We seek a generalist interested in teaching a variety of upper and lower division courses.
· Master's degree in Physics or related field.
· Evidence of and potential for successful teaching at the college level.
· A strong commitment to teaching, mentoring, and working with undergraduate students in a newly- developed institution.
· Ability to teach courses in introductory Physics, Astronomy, Chemistry, Mathematics or other courses as assigned.
· Demonstrated commitment to help develop curriculum of a newly established college.
· Effective interpersonal, communication, and technology skills.
· Keen interest in the scholarship of teaching.
· Potential to collaborate with faculty in other disciplines.
· Knowledge and skill in performance-based assessment practices.
· Commitment to an active learning teaching strategy.
RANK AND SALARY: Lecturer level. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest, a detailed resume or vitae listing qualifications and experience, and the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three professional references who may be contacted. Applicants also must submit a teaching portfolio consisting of a statement of teaching philosophy, at least two former course evaluations, and two recent syllabi. Electronic submission is encouraged. Please send all application materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Review begins October 15, 2008. Position open until filled.
See http://nsc.nevada.edu/Academics/Programs/LAS/Employment/Index.htm for further details.
Nevada State College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and encourages applications from qualified members of legally protected classes. Discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or military status is prohibited. NSC is committed to being a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace.