South Texas College is a comprehensive institution, which places primary emphasis on excellence in classroom instruction. Faculty members are expected to demonstrate and maintain competence in each of the following areas throughout their employment at the College. The hires will be in the Math and Science division at the tenure-track instructor level. There are two positions: physics (# 2010 – 3038) and physical science (# 2010 – 3037). Both hires are pending budget approval.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Mastery of Subject Matter:
2. Teaching Performance:
3. Evaluation of Student Learning:
4. Support of College Policies and Procedures:
5. Participation in College, Division, and Program Activities:
6. Contribution to the Growth and Enhancement of College Mission and Programs:
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Must possess appropriate academic preparation
2. Must be able to provide official transcripts and/if transcripts are earned from a foreign teaching institution, then must be able to provide an evaluation indicating that this education is equivalent to or beyond the qualifications required. This evaluation must be from an approved evaluation service
3. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; excellent interpersonal skills
4. Excellent organizational skills
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a diverse, multi-cultural student population
6. Commitment to the College philosophy of education
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Education must meet the requirements as mandated by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools for the appropriate field of study and degrees awarded at this institution. Each department displays the specific requirements for each position.
* Masters degree from an accredited institution.
* Credentials must meet requirements of 18 graduate hours in discipline.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit 1) letter of application, 2) STC application, 3) resume (no personal information please), 4)
copies of transcripts (official transcripts required BEFORE assignment begins) and 5) list of five
professional references with addresses and phone numbers to the address below. Please note that
only complete application packets will be forwarded to the Search Committee.
SOUTH TEXAS COLLEGE
OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
PO BOX 9701
McAllen, TX 78502