Assistant Professor of Science Education (Tenure-track opening for Fall 2014)
We are seeking a faculty member who will work with both the Education Department and the sciences to provide a comprehensive education program for our students; as well as provide innovative scholarship in science teaching and learning.
Iona College's Education Department is a nationally accredited institution that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees leading to New York State Certification as well as advanced certificate degrees to graduate students. The department's faculty represent a wide range of teaching and research experiences with opportunities to develop programs to meet the demands of the profession
· teaching undergraduate and graduate classes in science education and general education
- an earned doctorate in Science Education (at the elementary or secondary level) or Education (with teaching certification in one of the sciences) by August 2014
- a recent history of scholarship in education, science education or STEM education
- teaching experience in K-12 classrooms
- record of teaching science methods classes
- applicants with research or certification in special education preferred
Marie Pace, Executive Assistant to the Dean
email@example.com Consideration of candidates and nominees will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Committed to enriching our academic community through a spirit of inclusiveness, Iona actively encourages applications from diverse candidates. Iona College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.