Institution: Central New Mexico Community College
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Faculty - Engineering - Other Engineering
Faculty - Science - Physics
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
General Responsibilities: An instructor is responsible for providing high quality instruction so that each student may meet course outcomes. An instructor is also responsible for working with the dean and colleagues to improve student learning experiences. In fulfillment of their compensated workload and in addition to their normal duties 1- 22 (listed below) full-time instructors are expected to perform school, program/discipline and college service (see Additional Comments items 23-29). This service beyond instruction is an integral part of college faculty performance. CNM respects, requires, and depends on the service full-time faculty members perform.
Master's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution. Minimum of four semesters recent experience teaching Engineering in a college setting. Physics degree considered with additional teaching experience in Engineering. Experience teaching Circuit Analysis
Instructional Duties includes the following:
1. Effectively prepare, teach, grade, and assess student learning in courses assigned.
2. Advance the role and goals of Central New Mexico Community College.
3. Create and model a quality learning environment to support a diverse student population including students with disabilities or special learning needs.
4. Structure classes and curriculum to correspond with program and course outcomes.
5. Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including course syllabi, supplementary materials, instructional media and other devices as appropriate.
6. Convene classes as scheduled.
7. Respond to student inquiries within 48 hours (business days, M-F).
8. Provide assistance to students outside the classroom through posted office hours.
9. Incorporate, as pedagogically appropriate, current technology in classroom, distance learning, and laboratory environments.
10. Maintain student records (e.g., grades, attendance) and provide documentation for incompletes within established College timelines.
11. Complete assigned duties, reports and other required documentation on time.
12. Attend in-service sessions, college/school/department meetings, graduation and convocation, as required.
13. Utilize a variety of technology-based programs to access and input information related to student records and college/school/department processes (e.g., banner, MyCNM, grade books, etc).
14. Provide for the security of facilities, equipment, and instructional materials and maintain safe working conditions.
15. Abide by all college policies and regulations.
16. Assist students with registration, advising, and graduation processes.
17. Participate in the development and review of course and program outcomes.
18. Update and revise curriculum to maintain currency.
19. Instructors may be assigned other instructional responsibilities as determined by the dean.
Professional Development includes the following:
20. Participate in professional development opportunities to advance teaching skills and strategies.
21. Participate in other appropriate development activities as may be determined by the dean.
22. Active participation in school and college activities (such as, but not limited to, developing new curriculum or student recruitment).
See the section titled "Additional Comments" for remaining duties and responsibilities (items 23-29) pertaining to College, School, Program/Discipline Service.
Contact: Central New Mexico Community College
Online App. Form: https://jobs.cnm.edu
More Information on Central New Mexico Community College
Current openings for Central New Mexico Community College on HigherEdJobs.
Central New Mexico CC Home Page