Upward Bound Chemistry/Physics Instructor
Temporary Part-Time Position
Institution: Normandale Community College
Location: Bloomington, MN
Faculty - Science - Chemistry
Faculty - Science - Physics
Application Due: 06/06/2011
Normandale Community College is located in Bloomington, Minnesota and serves a student population of approximately 15,000 students annually. The college is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system.
The Upward Bound program is funded by a grant from the U.S. Department of Education and is designed to assist motivated high school students from disadvantages backgrounds to prepare for and pursue a college education.
Major Responsibilities of this Position Include:
* Teaching high school students and writing curriculum for Normandale's Upward Bound 6-week summer program;
* Keeping proper documentation;
* Meeting weekly with Upward Bound staff;
* Mentoring students;
* Chaperoning field trips.
* A current teaching license in Science;
* Ability to teach Chemistry and Physics;
* Experience working with students from diverse backgrounds;
* Willingness to create own curriculum based on Upward Bound's recommendations.
* Previous teaching experience in content area;
* Previous experience writing curriculum.
Details of Employment: June 13, 2011 to July 21, 2011. Monday - Thursday, plus two Fridays. There are no classes on 7/1 and 7/4. Teach four (4) classes per day which are 55 minutes in length; approximately 8:45am - 12:30pm daily plus staff meeting on Wednesdays after last class with lunch. $3,250 stipend.
Position Details and Application Process:
Please apply using our online Normandale Employment Application. Application deadline is 4:30 pm CST Monday, June 6, 2011.
Create a generic application that is stored within GovernmentJobs.com. After this is done, navigate back to the job posting in which you are interested in applying. You could go to our page on http://agency.governmentjobs.com/norm andale/default.cfm as ALL of our current openings are found here.
Once you get back on the correct job posting, again click the "APPLY" link. From here, you will be able to apply for this specific job, and once you attach the needed files and answer all the supplemental questions, you will be able to click a "Submit" button.
Please include only the required application materials of:
* cover letter;
* current resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV); and
* the names and contact information for at least three (3) professional references who can address your qualifications for this position (we do NOT accept letters of recommendation).
If you encounter any difficulties in the application process, you may want to contact NeoGov directly. You may call the Tech Support line at NeoGov for assistance. Call (310) 469-0515 or Toll-Free Number: (877) 204-4442, between 6am and 6pm Pacific Time, Monday-Friday. Upon connection, press 2, then 1, to get support for job applicants.
If you have questions or need more information on the Upward Bound program please contact Jennifer Saunders at Jennifer.Saunders@normandale.edu or 952-358-8137.
Normandale Community College is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator seeking a diverse work force. We are part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU).
Contact: Cyndee Robinson
Normandale Community College
Online App. Form: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/normandale/default.cfm