The University of San Diego (USD) invites applications for a cluster of new Assistant Professor positions in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) and/or Social Sciences associated with a funded National Science Foundation ADVANCE grant initiative (http://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/advance/). The positions will begin in September 2014 and may be housed in one or more of the following departments:
- Chemistry and Biochemistry,
- Marine Science and Environmental Studies,
- Mathematics and Computer Science,
- Sociology or
- the Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering.
The successful candidates will:
- Hold a Ph.D. in a STEM or social science discipline, and
- Have demonstrated a commitment to teaching and research, mentoring undergraduates, and fostering a climate of inclusion and diversity.
- A pre-employment background check to include Social Security verification and a federal/county criminal check
USD is an AA/EOE employer and is committed to seeking and sustaining a culturally and ethnically diverse campus environment.
How To Apply
To apply, click “apply now” and register as an applicant. Please upload by January 15th to this web site:
- Your curriculum vitae.
- Statement of teaching philosophy.
- Your research statement/plans.
- A statement addressing the following:
- How do you envision yourself working as part of an interdisciplinary cohort?
- How will you promote interdisciplinary collaborations in the undergraduate curriculum?
- Explain your approach to, and experience with, mentoring female students and students from under-represented backgrounds.