Chatham University is seeking applications for a full-time, renewable-term Assistant Professor of Physics to begin in August 2015.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The faculty member will in teach in Chatham’s Science Department and other programs the Department supports. Teaching responsibilities include introductory courses in physics and math. The successful candidate will also conduct research with undergraduates.
• A Ph.D. in Physics or related areas. ABD candidates will be considered if graduating by December 2015.
• Candidates must have a strong background in one or more of the areas of physics.
• Appropriate experience in research and scholarly activity.
• Evidence of teaching excellence at the college/university level.
• Evidence of a strong commitment to teaching, mentoring, and working with undergraduate students.
More information about Chatham and its mission, including global and intercultural awareness, women’s public leadership and environmentalism and sustainability, is available at www.chatham.edu.
Chatham University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, including tuition remission for qualified personnel, and a generous retirement plan.
Interested candidates should visit www.chatham.edu/careers and follow the instructions to complete the application process. Applicants should also include a cover letter and resume in the application process. To ensure full consideration, please submit a cover letter addressing the qualifications of the position, resume, and contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will begin in December and continue until the position is filled.
Chatham University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.