Community College of Allegheny County
The primary responsibilities of the faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. To meet these responsibilities, faculty must remain knowledgeable about advances in their disciplines, in learning theory, and in pedagogy. Faculty portfolios will include contributions and program development and show evidence of ongoing professional development.
Work location and additional information:
Applicants must electronically attach scanable unofficial transcripts when applying to this posting. This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than March 6, 2017. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed. There are two positions available: South Campus 1750 Clairton Road West Mifflin, PA 15122 North Campus 8701 Perry Highway Pittsburgh, PA 15237 These are regular full-time tenure-track instructor-level 10 month positions with benefits.
Campus: College Wide
Days and Hours (for hourly position):
Master's degree or doctorate in physics, physical science or closely related field required.
Applicants are expected to utilize best practices and innovation, maintain high standards of competence in the discipline and teaching methodologies, the ability to retain students and work with a diverse student population and have strong communication skills. Degrees must be from an accredited institution.
1. The primary responsibilities of faculty are to teach and to develop the curriculum. Prepare and provide students with course outlines that support learning objectives set forth in the course syllabus. Develop and measure learning outcomes. Assess student performance and maintain grade records.
2. Create an effective learning environment through the use of a variety of instructional methods.
3. Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
4. Work with other program and/or discipline faculty to complete scheduled program reviews and to use the findings to revise the curriculum.
5. Participate in appropriate professional development activities to assure currency in both discipline, knowledge and instructional methods.
6. Participate in department/discipline, division, campus, and college meetings and committees.
7. Participate in college projects, surveys, studies, and reports that relate to the discipline or program.
8. Collaborate in the development of program and/or discipline promotional materials.
9. Maintain five office hours each week.
10. Support the college's goals.
11. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Job Category: Faculty/Counselor/Librarian/Ed Tech
Job Type: Full-time
Job Open Date: 02-17-2017
Job Close Date:
All applicants must apply online at: http://www.ccacjobs.com. The College's online application system will allow you to complete a college application, apply online, answer screening questions, and attach a resume, cover letter and other documents.