Instructional Faculty - Physics
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota
employees looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence in the
following position of Instructional Faculty - Physics. An
instructional faculty member will be responsible for maintaining the
highest academic standards in his/her particular discipline. The
individual is expected to exercise professionalism and civility in all
activities related to the role of academician, including those
concerned with the various duties assigned, and any involvement with
colleagues, peers, community and students.
Applicants may be asked to demonstrate any or all of the following duties:
1. Teaches all
courses as assigned.
2. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology
and online instruction.
3. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives.
4. Embraces a
multicultural environment and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
5. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an
environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change.
6. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
attendance and punctuality.
8. Prepares, reviews, orders teaching materials, and updates course outlines and syllabi within College
guidelines to meet class schedule requirements.
9. Meets all scheduled classes, and uses scheduled classroom time appropriately.
10. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
Demonstrates commitment to the institutional mission, goals, and objectives.
12. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which
reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
Maintains accurate student records for grading and attendance purposes, submitting grade reports within college deadlines.
Schedules and maintains office hours as assigned.
15. Attends departmental and other meetings as designated by the Department Chair or
16. Assists with development, implementation, and evaluation of divisional and departmental program goals.
17. Assists with preparation of public relation materials pertaining to the department.
18. Serves on College committees to
which elected or appointed.
19. During periods of planned absences,
coordinates with the Department Chair of Coordinator for qualified
substitute instructors and provides instructional materials, protocols,
and directions to ensure consistent and sequential classroom
20. Performs various tasks as required by the Department Chair/Program Directors for the fulfillment of departmental
21. Promotes and maintains a healthy and safe educational and work environment, free from harassment and
22. Participates in professional development activities. (Demonstrates professional growth and development by updating
knowledge of subject matter and using effective and innovative teaching techniques.)
Develops, maintains and promotes a positive,
respectful and civil atmosphere among colleagues and members of the
college-wide community to advance the mission of the college.
Performs all other duties as assigned by the proper authority.
1. 18 graduate
semester hours in physics + master's degree
2. a master's degree with a major in physics
3. a doctoral degree
with a major in physics.
Apply now at https://employment.scf.edu/postings/1982
Special Instructions to Applicants
Special note about completion of application:
will receive a confirmation number indicating when you have
completed your application. If you have not received a confirmation
number, you have not finished your application. Good luck in the
All college searches are subject to compliance with Florida's
Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human
Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment
Department Name: Natural Science
Work Schedule: 9 Month
Work Hours From:
Work Hours To: Varies
Total Hours Per Week: Varies
Continuing Contract Status: Not Eligible
Date: Fall Semester 2017
Job Type: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $38,987 - $41,596
Job Open Date: 01/25/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Statement of Non-Discrimination
of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex,
pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color,
marital status, disability, genetic information and sexual orientation
in any of its educational programs, services or activities, including
admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination
policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, PO Box 1849, Bradenton, FL