OPENING DATE: 02/08/17
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Priority consideration will be given to applications received by March 13, 2017.
POSITION: Nine-Month Fixed Term Appointment*
DATE OF APPOINTMENT: August 14, 2017
The successful candidate will teach introductory physics courses and labs at the algebra and calculus-based level. Typical teaching load is 24 credits per year. He or she will also be expected to participate in the functioning of the department and to serve as a mentor to students outside the classroom.
- MS Degree in Physics (Conferred on an official transcript at the time of application.)
- Interest and ability to teach college level introductory physics courses, including labs.
- PhD Degree in Physics.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching physics at the college level.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu.
- Please note that this is a fixed-term (non-tenure track) appointment. A fixed-term appointment is an appointment for a limited period of time and is to be used only when the position to be filled is clearly of a temporary nature or when a permanent position needs to be filled for a temporary period. Fixed-term employment terminates at the end of the appointment period and carries no implication for future employment.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Paul Eskridge, Search Committee Chair
Physics and Astronomy
Minnesota State University, Mankato
TN 141 Trafton Science Center, North
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html.