The Assistant Professor will perform day-to-day operations of the instructional programs in STEM related disciplines including physics, engineering, physical science, engineering technology, or math. Faculty member will also provide advisement to students, participate in college committees and campus activities and develop coursework as needed. The teaching assignment may include online classes, evening classes and teaching at off-campus locations. The instructor is responsible for the success of the teaching/learning process within the classroom. JSCC has one full-time 9 month term position available.
- Teach courses as scheduled.
- Maintain regular office hours as set by the college.
- Prepare Master Course Syllabi.
- Serve on college committees when elected or appointed.
- Provide a grade evaluation on each student's performance in a fashion and frequency required by the college.
- Make recommendations to the Dean or their designee regarding curriculum additions, deletions or revisions.
- Participate in course and program level assessment activities.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous quality improvement in student instruction and professional role development.
- Demonstrate commitment to the community college concept and team management principles.
- Master's degree or higher plus eighteen (18) graduate credit hours in physics and/or related field from an accredited institution.
- Master's degree in physics or engineering from an accredited institution.
- Prior teaching experience in higher education, preferably at a community college.
- Familiarity with the mission and role of the community college in higher education.
- Ability to work with diverse students including non-traditional students and Dual Enrolled high school students.
- Recent industrial and/or manufacturing experience.
- The salary is calculated using the candidate's highest degree obtained and prior experience. The minimum pay for this nine-month contract (Master's Degree with no prior experience) would be $43,579.