Our department strives to provide a challenging yet supportive environment for our enthusiastic students. We seek candidates with a demonstrated enthusiasm for undergraduate teaching, and a commitment to creative instruction in a variety of settings, including lecture, informal problem solving workshops, one-on-one interactions, and laboratory. Nebraska Wesleyan University values "personal attention to students".
Nebraska Wesleyan University is an independent Methodist liberal arts university of approximately 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students in Lincoln, Nebraska. The University's steadfast commitment to putting learning into action through internships, study abroad, service learning and collaborative research has yielded tremendous outcomes for students and alumni.
- Master's degree in Physics or related discipline required, Ph.D. preferred
- Experience with teaching a variety of physics lecture courses and labs
- Willingness to offer office hours and/or availability to students outside of scheduled lecture and labs
- Demonstrated commitment to student academic achievement
- Demonstrated critical thinking and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills
To apply, please send cover letter, resume/CV, sample syllabus and three professional letters of reference. A statement of teaching philosophy is optional. Electronic submissions are strongly encouraged and should be sent to Maria Harder at firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.