Embry-Riddle is seeking an energetic, proactive leader who will share its vision to build on the current achievements and expand the programs with higher enrollment and research funding.
The department offers a B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. in Engineering Physics (EP) as well as a BS in Space Physics (SP). The EP program is one of the largest ABET accredited programs of its kind in the nation. The emphasis of the program, and of the department's research, is upper atmospheric/space and plasma physics, space system control and engineering and electro-optical engineering. We seek an energetic, proactive leader who will share our vision to build on our current achievements and expand the programs with higher enrollment and research funding.
Provide strong academic leadership for the Department and vision for the growth of the Ph.D. program as well as of the undergraduate EP and SP undergraduate programs.
Provide supervision of undergraduate general education science courses.
Increase enrollment in all academic programs of the Department.
Ensure continuous improvements in the curriculum and quality of instruction.
Promote growth of the department's research agenda and other forms of scholarship.
Provide leadership in developing research centers, new research projects and funding.
Build strong coalitions on campus with industry, government labs, and funding agencies in support of the department's mission and research agenda.
Supervise the department's compliance with accrediting standards.
An earned Doctorate in Physics or Engineering (or another appropriate discipline) is required.
While no one person will embody all of them, the successful candidate will bring many of the following qualifications and attributes:
A record of excellence in teaching and scholarship and externally funded research commensurate with a tenured, senior faculty rank at a research-oriented academic institution with experience in supervising of PhD students.
Interpersonal effectiveness: Evidence of energy, drive, and initiative, in combination with a track record of building and maintaining strong, trusting relationships will enhance a candidacy. The ideal candidate will be a person whose personal strengths will contribute to the building of a strong, unified enrollment management team. The new Chair must work effectively and comfortably with persons at all levels both within and outside ERAU to build and maintain positive relationships. We look for personal qualities that facilitate good working relationships within the university, among its alumni and industry leaders.
Management effectiveness: The new Chair will be a proven, decisive, highly skilled manager, open in management style, respectful of alternative points of view, and comfortable in a collegial environment. A seasoned, attentive manager will mentor staff and build and lead highly performing teams. We seek demonstrated ability to lead and successfully manage professionals in academic, corporate or government organizations.
Exceptional communication skills: An ability to convey the Embry-Riddle vision, priorities and values to a variety of internal and external constituencies, including prospective students and their families, senior administrators, faculty, alumni, and donors is essential. The new Chair must have an effective public presence and must be comfortable and skillful as a spokesperson.
A demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity at all levels within the University.
Uncompromising standards of excellence, complete integrity, and an ingrained sense of honesty and fairness.
EEO Statement: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Diversity Statement: Embry-Riddle values diversity: We respect the rights and property of all individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, physical disability, economic background, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We believe in a community where all members are welcome, and individuals or groups are free from harassment.
How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. For information on applying for a job, please read the following section.
1. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University considers applications for OPEN positions only. You can obtain information regarding these openings from our online job postings.
2. Human Resources retains applications for a particular position only until the position has been filled. You may apply online, within each online job posting.
3. Applicants MUST meet minimum qualifications to be considered for open positions. Individuals whose qualifications and experience best meet the needs of the University will be contacted for an interview.
4. If you need any reasonable accommodations during the application or interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
If you have not created your profile (using your email address and your own password) please click on the "Register today" button. Once you have created your account, you will be able successfully apply for the vacancy of your choice.
Please follow the steps below to update and add documents to your iRecruitment profile.
1. Log into your iRecruitment profile (www.erau.edu/jobs ; click "Available Positions" and then click "Login here")
2. Once logged in, click on "My Account" (it is on the left side near the top); here you can update your entire profile. The default tab is "Personal Information", which is where you can add/delete documents. Just click on the remaining headings to view and update your profile. Please remember to "Save" often.
3. When you are finished, click the "Save" button and then the "Home" tab near the top right. This will take you back to your original welome page of your profile
Amount of Travel Moderate Travel
Recruiter Name Corbin, Kenneth (Kenny)
Work Telephone 386-226-6147