Galveston College, located on historic Galveston Island, invites applications for the position of STEM Curriculum Specialist.The STEM Curriculum Specialist reports directly to the STEM Project Director and indirectly to the Vice President of Instruction. In addition to teaching, the STEM Curriculum Specialist has specific responsibility for assisting faculty in the development and delivery of competency-based programs in biology, chemistry, physics, and mathematics. This is a 12 month grant funded faculty position.
Minimum Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Hold a masters degree in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics area or hold a masters degree in a closely related area with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in a STEM area;
- Five years teaching/instructional experience;
- Demonstrated experience in STEM course instruction and curriculum development;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated leadership skills and skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with faculty, staff, other departments, students and the public;
- Ability to work within an open and team environment using collaborative approaches;
- Ability to focus on student learning and student success;
- Ability to foster college-wide partnerships to promote quality in education;
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills.
Preferred Education, Skills and Abilities:
- Qualifications to teach college level math or biology preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement new programs to serve the needs of the college and the community;
- Demonstrated bi-lingual skills.
Screening of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
A completed Galveston College faculty application, resume, unofficial college transcripts and list of three references are required. Proof of identity and eligibility to work in the US must be verified for the successful candidate. Send applicaton materials to:
Galveston College Human Resources
4105 Ave Q
Galveston, Texas 77550
Phone: (409) 944-1209
Fax: (409) 944-1500