POSITION: Term Assistant Professor of Physical Science
POSTING #: 0066688
Full-time, Non Tenure-Track, 9 months/year
DEPARTMENT: Matanuska Susitna College
SALARY: Salary commensurate with experience
Matanuska-Susitna College - an extended college of the University of
Alaska Anchorage located in Palmer, Alaska - is currently recruiting for
a Term Assistant Professor of Physical Science. The candidate selected
for this position will be responsible for delivery of introductory
chemistry for allied health professionals, introductory chemistry for
science majors, and basic physics as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate complex scientific concepts and theories in
practical and meaningful ways to a diverse population entering the
system with varying previous exposure to the physical sciences.
- Ability to prepare students to progress to advanced levels of science education.
- Encourage students to be active partners in the teaching/learning processes.
- Strong background in team-building with fellow science educators.
- Experience incorporating technology in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Demonstrate proper safety practices/procedures in a lab.
- Strong desire to fill a bipartite academic position teaching at the undergraduate level.
A minimum of a Master's degree in a Physical Science, Doctorate
preferred (or may be accepted in lieu of a Master's) that includes a
strong background in chemistry. Two or more years teaching experience
Support University of Alaska bipartite mission of teaching and service.
The successful applicant will be expected to teach 12 credits each
semester. This is typically teaching three or more courses consistent
with the specific course content description. Hold office hours
appropriate for the courses being taught. Participate in student
advising and University and community service
APPLICATION PROCESS: For more information or to apply, please go to www.uakjobs.com and search for posting #0066688.
IMPORTANT: Only electronic application materials received through
UAKJobs.com will be accepted for this position. Please do not send
materials in any other capacity. Applicants must apply directly to
UAKJobs.com to be considered.
When completing the electronic application process on UAKJobs.com, please electronically attach the following documents:
1. Cover Letter
2. Resume or Curriculum Vitae
3. Three professional references with contact information
4. Unofficial Transcripts
5. Sample syllabus of GER (100 level) class taught
6. Statement of teaching philosophy
Please address your electronic cover letter to:
Dr. Talis Colberg
PO Box 2889
Palmer, AK 99645
NOTE REGARDING TRANSCRIPTS:
Successful applicants may be asked to provide official transcripts
documenting academic credentials required for the position at any point
during/after the recruitment process.