Institution: Santa Rosa Junior College
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Faculty - Engineering - Other Engineering
Faculty - Science - Physics
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Santa Rosa Junior College
Adjunct Faculty Employment Opportunity
ENGINEERING & PHYSICS INSTRUCTOR POOL (ADJUNCT FACULTY)
PRIORITY FILING DEADLINE: Open until filled.
The Engineering and Physics Department of Santa Rosa Junior College is seeking a pool of qualified candidates with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty and administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students. Teaching assignments may be temporary, part-time and/or on-call and may be immediate or as needed (as specified in Education Code Section 87482.5).
The Engineering & Physics Department provides a standard core of lower division engineering and physics courses to prepare students to transfer to a four-year university to complete an engineering or science bachelor's degree. It also offers courses to fulfill general education requirements and self-enrichment goals. In addition to developing an understanding of basic concepts of Physics and Engineering and their applications in the world in which we live, the courses develop analytical thinking, problem solving, visualization, design, and laboratory skills.
* Starting Hourly Rate: Salary placement may be based on academic background, vocational experience, and teaching experience depending on discipline and as documented in application materials. Initial Step placement will be a Step 1 pending evaluation of experience as outlined in Article 27 of the AFA Contract. Please see our hourly salary schedules online at www.santarosa.edu/hr/pages/salary.html or contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
* Sick Leave Accrual: Adjunct faculty members accrue sick leave on a pro-rated basis.
ADJUNCT POOL DESCRIPTION
We are accepting applications for instructors for inclusion in a pool who have the ability to teach in one or more of the following areas:
Assignments could involve full or partial assignment at any of the District's sites or off-campus locations, and could involve any combination of day or evening classes, with office hours being mandatory. Adjunct faculty are responsible for maintaining currency in their field(s) of expertise. All faculty are encouraged to participate in updating existing courses (including courses that serve community needs, such as short, non-credit, or on-line courses); assisting in the assessment of student learning outcomes; participating in departmental activities and other college service such as committee work; and participating in community outreach on behalf of the college.
Required for Engineering: Bachelor's degree AND two years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) related experience; OR Associate's degree AND six years of full-time (or part-time equivalent) related experience; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Engineering.
Preferred: Bachelor's and Master's in Engineering AND recent engineering experience.
Required for Physics: Master's Degree in Physics, Astronomy, or Astrophysics; OR Bachelor's Degree in Physics or Astronomy AND Master's Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Meteorology, or Geophysics; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Physics.
Preferred: Experience teaching microcomputer based Physics laboratories.
Required for both areas: Sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
If you do not possess the minimum qualifications, exactly as listed above, you must file for equivalency. If claiming equivalency, applicants are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at the time of application.
APPLICATION MATERIALS AND PROCEDURES
To receive application materials, please contact:
Human Resources Department
Santa Rosa Junior College
1501 Mendocino Avenue
Santa Rosa, California 95401
(707) 527-4954 * Fax (707) 527-4967
Employment Page: http://www.santarosa.edu/hr
Human Resources is located on the Santa Rosa campus in the Button Building at 1988 Armory Drive at the back of campus parallel to Highway 101. Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
It is the candidate's responsibility to be sure that all required materials reach Human Resources by 4:00 p.m. on the priority filing deadline to be given priority consideration for this pool.
All documents included in your application file become the property of the college and will not be returned. Your application file for one pool will not be considered for further openings and new documents must be submitted for each opening.
* Applications will be accepted for this adjunct faculty pool for a period of one year from the filing priority deadline date. If the department has an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, they will review applications received by the priority deadline date. All applications received after the priority deadline will remain on file for the next review by the department. If the department does not have an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, all applications will remain on file until the need arises. If selected for an interview, candidates will be invited to meet with a committee. If selected for the pool, candidates remain in the pool for a period of two years.
Prior to beginning employment, employees must: (a) provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States; (b) be fingerprinted and have background clearance (at applicant's expense); and (c) take a TB test.
If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for an opening, please contact the Human Resources Department.
The Jeanne Clery Annual Security Report, which includes personal safety and crime prevention information, related District policies, and District crime statistics, is available at www.santarosa.edu/police or paper copies are available upon request from the District Police Department.
Materials Required for this Recruitment
In order to be given priority consideration for this pool, applicants must submit AN ORIGINAL PLUS ONE COPY OF EACH of the following documents by the priority filing deadline:
1. A completed Santa Rosa Junior College Faculty Application Form, Personal Data Form and Applicant Notification Form. Voluntary Data Form is optional.
* If applicable, completed Equivalency Form and supporting documents.
2. A brief statement describing your demonstrated experience in understanding and being sensitive to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty and staff (can be included in your cover letter).
3. A brief cover letter explaining your interest in the pool, including how you meet the requirements and are qualified to perform the duties as listed in the "Adjunct Pool Description" section of this announcement. Please specify which area(s) you are interested in being considered for.
4. A current resume.
5. Copies of transcripts of all college level course work (unofficial copies acceptable (both sides), but official transcripts must be submitted prior to hiring). If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicants must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application. Contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
6. If applicable, a copy of your California Community College Credential (both sides).
7. Please submit an original AND one copy each of the required materials listed above.
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
(In loose-leaf form - no folders or binding please.)
SRJC attracts and retains the most qualified faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. This is achieved through an inclusive recruitment strategy and a rigorous, thorough hiring process that begins with the fair and consistent evaluation of each application for minimum qualifications and demonstrated skills specific to each position. Because the ability to serve students from broad cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds and genders is a key commitment of the College mission, SRJC actively encourages applications from candidates who recognize the value that diversity brings to a professional educational community.
Contact: Santa Rosa Junior College
Online App. Form: http://apptrkr.com/128535
More Information on Santa Rosa Junior College
Current openings for Santa Rosa Junior College on HigherEdJobs.com.
SRJC Human Resources homepage
SRJC Employment page