We are looking for ambitious, creative women who aim for a successful independent career towards full professorship in a European top research university. Successful candidates will be expected to establish an independent, externally funded research program in collaboration with colleagues at our university and elsewhere. Fellows will also contribute to the teaching programs of the faculty.
The 6-year fellowships at our faculty comprise a generous startup package, including funds for a PhD position, and a gross annual salary commensurate with experience and in accordance with national standards, starting around € 4,082 per month (full time position).
Following a favorable evaluation at the end of the 6 years the fellow will be awarded tenure and promotion to the rank of Associate Professor for a period of 7 years. After a further 4-7 years another evaluation will take place and if this proves favorable, promotion to Full Professor will follow.
To promote the participation of talented women in our research programs the faculty offers a prestigious Rosalind Franklin Fellowship program. Currently the faculty offers four new fellowships to outstanding female scientists from any of the disciplines mathematics, physics, astronomy, chemistry, biology, pharmacy, environmental studies, computer science and artificial intelligence.
Applicants preferably have:
- a PhD and post-doctoral experience, preferably in different research institutions (Dutch applicants should have minimally two years of post-doctoral experience outside The Netherlands)
- publications in first rate international scientific journals
- experience in supervising research projects
- the ability to successfully compete for external research funding
- affinity to teaching
- international recognition
- the candidate has the potential to develop into a leader who guides and inspires.
Application and further information. The application deadline is January 7th, 2011.
- a full curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications
- a list of five selected "best papers" (preferably including copies)
- a 3-5 page statement of research accomplishments and future research goals
- the names and contact information (including e-mail address) of 3 referees should be sent to:
Dr L.J.A. van Putten
Faculty Board office
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
University of Groningen
PO Box 407
9700 AK Groningen
For more information, please mail firstname.lastname@example.org The tenure track criteria, selection procedure and more information are available at: www.rug.nl/fwn/rff