The Science Department at SUNY Maritime College is seeking a Physics Lecturer to:
- Teach physics courses and labs at the undergraduate level
- Maintain physics labs
- Setting up and breaking down experiments
- Minor equipment repairs
- Supply ordering
- Tutor undergraduate physics students
- Master's degree in a physical science discipline
- Ability to teach undergraduate physics laboratory and lecture classes
- Strong pedagogical and communications skills
- Ability to teach other physical science courses
- Experience teaching undergraduate physics courses and labs
Special Notes: This is full-time academic appointment UUP position. FLSA Exempt position, not eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. Internal and external search to occur simultaneously. Review of application to commence immediately. The anticipated salary for this position is $50,000 annually, with an outstanding benefits package. Salary will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Expenses for Interview are not reimbursed. Hiring is dependent upon position availability.
UUP Internal Posting Period: External posting: Until filled.
Budget Title: Lecturer (10 Month)
Line #: 00277
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
- Cover letter, including salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references